Browns Canyon Reining Horses


Sunday, November 9, 2008

October 18th









OK again I find myself back logged.. My life has been very busy with holiday and harvest its been super full.. Anyhow last month Toms mom got a small heard of horses and three of the off spring are foals by my stallion.. They are fun to get to see and handle since they arrived we are catching up and feet and few things they are behind on.. Red the sorrel has really picked up on her looks as I wormed her and put her on Equine JR she has taken off, she was angel getting her feet done both hinds were split high up centers from being super long.. I took a few pictures after they got here and were getting settled with there new homes. Star(darker palomino with black hoofs) the filly born last year was busy trying to make friends with Vee(lighter palomino filly) her half sister here.. Vee is not happy with this at first but as of today they are super tight.. Vee is very out going and very fun gal but not into this rushed friend ship on this day.. Star is as Vee is super friendly and so far both foals seem to be a delight. It is fun seeing that they are more pasture raised with less daily hands on than mine are that they let you work with them, and I've walked both and worked with them and they act just identical to there siblings here.. Star had a very tangled mane full of burrs and you can see in picture that it was a job getting it out.. She stood perfectly still for me to do it and I had her here a day.. Any how the picture of my grullo who had decided to some how take half her side out is my Lexi.. We awoke to her standing with a very large side of her missing and big flap of hanging skin.. She was pretty upset and it took one hour to load her and she is a pretty good loader.. She spent a night at vets and got stitched up and looks much better.. She must have bumped her knee as well as it was swollen up and had to have it wrapped.. She is doing well and healing wonderfully.. She loaded like a dream when we left vet and was more calm.. Any how hope to get caught up in a day or so..

No comments: