Browns Canyon Reining Horses


Saturday, October 27, 2007

Fun Day



Well the girls had day off and I had two mares to get ultra sounded. We had fun both mares were good girls and that went well. My sorrel Kristy needed a dental. So that meant leaving her and bumming around town till they could get her done. So loaded up my bay mare Lady who is having a baby against my thoughts as she tends to be too studdly to get live covered she gave in and had a wild fling with Bucky LOL..
Anyhow when it came time to load up Kristy to go home that meant unloading Lady because Kristy can only ride and unload if in front stall other wise you have heck of time getting her out of a trailer. Anyhow at vets when she was done it was time when no one was there to help so I had a dilemma and had to give Gracie my personal mare that only minds me out of trailer and needed to get Kristy loaded in trailer not a one person job. Of course this was a thought I dreaded but Gracie is getting good at horses and we were in a pretty safe place so I handed over my wild spoiled child Lady(she not really just carries to many stallion hormones) and Gracie handled her like a pro and I got Kristy in and then Lady back in and well it was great to know that Gracie could handle a naughty horse.. This mare minds me great but can and will push around others not bad but loud screams and dances enough for a non horse person to get nervous. I seen her shove Gracie once and Gracie tugged on lead rope just right and Wola mare stood like angel. Remember Gracie is like 79lbs and this mare isn't tiny..

Well went home and both mares got new pens since not going back with the stallion. Lady went off to live with two younger mares to push around I'm sure. Kristy who is the pushed around mare went to live in with my coming 2 year old paint filly. This filly hasn't been in with a adult horse since she was weaned just other young horses and is getting pushy so Kristy can be a big boss and teach her a few things. The pictures of Kristy and the paint meeting kinda a neat one to bad both are in that nasty wool coming in stage or it would be a really neat picture.. I got the cold shoulder routine from Kristy upon finding out not going back in with Bucky so all shots were pretty much not look at me ones..

Desiree

No comments: