Browns Canyon Reining Horses


Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Big First!




OK, this filly I'm keeping as i bought her mom when she was PG(3 n 1 deal) by the sire of my Cowgirl making this filly a 1/2 sister to Cowgirl.. I've been pleased that I love her mom she is awesome.. But the filly that came on her side and this one don't possess the calm, mellow attitude of the horses I raise in general.. I bred her mom to my stallion and that resulting foal is calm and mellow like I like. This was a test breeding I'd decided not to re breed this mare if the foal came out spicy like the other two from her.. Cowgirls attitude is awesome and very mellow what I like.. Anyhow I've gone back and forth keep this filly sell this filly what to do.. I want a riding horse for myself and I wanted flashy paint I got that in her but time will tell if she will be mellow trail horse.. But today and its a first she came right over to me in the wind, she will always come to me if its calm and nice but toss in funny weather or mostly wind and I can't really get close to her in the open.. But today she came right up to me I petted her, I even dared good hard pat and nothing stood right next to me and even snuggled a bit.. I'm very happy about this.. Laugh but I even jumped up and down and made a few scary sounds to see if she'd stay and she did.. Yea! Hope for her yet.

No comments: