Browns Canyon Reining Horses


Thursday, September 27, 2007

Selling them is the goal, but its a heartbreaker!



Well today I sold Star(pictured above). This is the goal I know but they kill yea every time they leave.. Star was a mothers day foal the year I had surgery so I could get PG with Tucker and that worked Tucker is here but of course that mothers day I had no idea if the surgery would be.. So I spent alot of time with him.. So I've kinda always been fond of him, and he has made me super proud at many expos with his extra mellow nature.. In Grand Junction Expo he stood tied at wash rack when the team of Texas Thunder came running by in full 6 harness draft team pulling a really loud wagon -- one of those tense horse moments when your sure a wreck is guaranteed.. Did he do anything but pull back a tad bit then freeze then lick his lips and get his bath.. I can tell I've seen many horse freak at this at several expos.. I even seen a big named horse trainer horses pulling for all there worth when they went by at Denver expo.. So this did impress me with his sane mind.. Well any how he is off to Wyoming and going to be a heeling horse.. Do wish this part of the horse raising thing didn't have to happen(I'd keep them all if I could LOL).. Any how some get more attached to your heart than others and he was one I've never pushed selling him due to being brown he wasn't a hit as a foal. This spring he matured and filled out and became a stunning boy and when Moony came home they looked so similar standing next to each other it was neat.. Well that was my day, my hubbys taking me to dinner though so will be fun evening..

Desiree

http://www.browncanyonreininghorses.com/

3 comments:

Kaycie said...

You seem to have had a decent year in selling. But next year your hands will be full again. I could not remember who Star was, and I still do not remember him, but he is very pretty.

MicBel QH said...

Congrats on the sale!

Carrie said...

that is a stunning boy!!! His new owners are very lucky.

Wish I could get to your place to pick up a nice little buckskin girl.